Introduction to Using Dashboards to Scale and Improve Your Business - Dashboards 101
This is part one of a three course series for managers and executives to learn how to run a business "by the numbers". This focuses employees on results more than activities and provides a platform for constant improvement in the business via the feedback loop of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Dashboards are necessary when a company reaches more than a dozen or so employees. This course will introduce your team to the benefits and concepts that can systematize and grow your company. This is the basic level for everyone involved, and even junior staff should view this training to understand the benefits to all. We have two additional courses available for more senior people that are Intermediate (201) and Advanced (301) to really optimize the use of Dashboards and Metrics, which must evolve with your company.
This is a basic introduction to the use of dashboards for Business Performance Management (PM) and Business Intelligence (BI).
Dashboards are used to: "Run a Business by the Numbers, Improve it Constantly and Project What Will Happen more accurately to be Ahead of the Competition!" The Japanese call this Kaizen, but it was actually created by the American consultant W. Edwards Deming. He created the Total Quality Management (TQM) system.
Dashboards are an advanced tool of management to move a person, company and department to Management By Exception (MBE). This is a more sophisticated and leveraged form of management.
Dashboards are an autopilot, as well as a way to look into the future by seeing trends and connections in cause and effect. Dashboards allow you to get your business down to a science with known inputs and outputs of key processes that create value. And then manage these processes and people more smoothly, predictably and with constant improvement via a feedback loop.
Dashboards separate the professional managers from the amateurs. They give managers leverage in time and also empower employees to communicate goals, and what success is every day, week or month.
Every business with more than a handful of employees needs at least one dashboard for the company. Every department with more than five or six employees should also have a department level dashboard of its own. Dashboards frame success, managing up and down and clear accountability and communications. This course tells you how and why they work magic to improve a company, team and department. One of the highest ROIs of any project you can implement to improve performance, morale and corporate value.
This course will support any CEO, manager, C-Level executive or entrepreneur in their work to grow a company. We have two additional courses that are intermediate and advanced, for senior managers, to really optimize the use of Dashboards and Metrics (KPIs) which must evolve with your company.
- Part A - Introduction
- Part B - What Should be in a Dashboard
- Part C - Why Dashboards are Magic When Designed Well
- Part D - Dashboard Benefits and How to Leverage Them
- Part E - What Dashboards Should Not Be
- Example – Example Sales Dashboard Review
- Example - Marketing Dashboard Review
This course was created by our founder, Bob Norton, who has raised over $40 million early-stage capital from many sources and categories. And has also returned over a billion dollars in profits to his investors during his 30-year career as a serial entrepreneur. Like all of our courses and material from The CEO and Entrepreneur Boot Camp (www.CEOBootCamp.us), it is very practical and how to from someone who has been there and done that. It is not theoretical or academic, but from decades of experience and real-world wisdom gained in the trenches.
You can take this course at any speed and will have access for three months. It will also provide you with many tools and checklists.
All of our courses come with a limited 100% money-back guarantee. And are our jam packed with practical information that can literally make or save you millions of dollars in a few years or even hundreds of millions over your career or building a significant company.
For the "Do it yourselfer" or people on a budget we offer two other courses, Dashboards 201 and 301 are required to learn to design and implement dashboards for your company as a whole and for each department.
If you decide to upgrade to the full CEO & Entrepreneur BootCamp 50% of past purchases will be applied on request.
About Your Instructor, Bob Norton, Serial Entrepreneur and Top Expert in Starting and Growing Companies
- As a CEO since 1989 Mr.Norton has grown two startups to over $100M in sales within five years and returned over $1 billion in profits to his investors
- CEO Coach and Adviser since 2002. Independent Director. Specialist in scaling.
- Grew two startups to $100M and $156M in sales in 5 years and 3 years
- Founded six companies with four exits totaling over $1 billion in profits to investors. Two others still growing.
- Author of four books including: The Startup Manual & Leadership, co-written with Warren Bennis, "The Father of Leadership"
- Over 125 published articles and 360+ training videos
- Creator of The CEO & Entrepreneur Boot Camps that have run since 2004 and graduated thousands of CEOs and executives from over 40 countries
- Creator of AirTight Management, the world's first modular Management Operating System (MOS) to prepare companies to scale smoothly